A partner since 2013, Alejandro has 20 years of experience in corporate and antitrust law. He has additionally advised several Mexican and foreign firms structuring their Mexican investments and businesses. His experience as an official at the Federal Antitrust Commission and knowledge of this area have proven pivotal when representing clients undergoing complex investigations into monopolistic practices and business combinations. Alejandro is committed to anti-corruption and has supplemented his professional practice by advising in this area, particularly regarding the application of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act.
He obtained his law degree from the Universidad Latinoamericana School of Law; his LLM in International Business Law from University of London, Queen Mary School; and his International Practice Diploma in International Competition Law from The College of Law of England and Wales.
Highlights from the Past Year
- Represented a pharmaceutical company during investment restructuring in Mexico.
- Represented a real estate company selling a key commercial asset.
- Represented foreign investors purchasing a hotel in Playa del Carmen.
- Represented foreign investors selling assets in southeastern Mexico.
- Represented a tourism transportation company during an investigation into monopolistic practices by the Federal Antitrust Commission.
- Represented a cigarette factory during merger and acquisition proceedings before the Federal Antitrust Commission.
- Advised a leading refrigeration business on the proper Mexican application of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Advised a leading energy business on the proper Mexican application of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act.
- Advised and trained a snack food company in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act application.
- Member of the Mexican Bar Association, Mexican Association of Business Lawyers, American Bar Association, and United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce.
- Election panel member for New Ventures Mexico.
- Associate of and pro bono counsel to the Mexican Ad Council.
- Board member of the Echale! social impact entrepreneurship project.
- Taught Obligations and Commercial Companies at Universidad Panamericana.
- Taught Corporate Law at Universidad de las Américas.
- Taught Entrepreneurship at Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM).
- Authored several articles on antitrust and anti-corruption law.
- Is an accredited TRACE Anti-Bribery Specialist.
- University of London, Queen Mary School (LLM in International Business Law)
- Universidad Latinoamericana (LLB)