Rosario has combined litigation experience with knowledge of international tax advising, tax planning, and local tax law to provide foreign and domestic investors with effective advice. From 2007 to 2015, she served as head of the tax and international trade areas in one of the biggest full service law firm in Mexico. She began working in the field of tax law in 1990.
Rosario has worked as a tax consultant in the corporate and energy sectors as well as with financing, the extractive industries, tax compliance, and local taxation. She has presented at international forums on Latin America for the American Bar Association and has published articles in tax law journals in both Mexico and abroad.
She received her law degree from Escuela Libre de Derecho and completed graduate studies in tax law at Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).
Latin Lawyer named Rosario one of the 2013 most inspiring women in law in Latin America.
- Advised on a rules of origin audit concerning tobacco products imported into Mexico.
- Represented an information management company in a tax lawsuit involving taxes levied by Mexican entities working in coordination for federal tax collection purposes.
- Recovering favorable tax balances for multinational companies
- Tax Litigation
- Tax Settlement
- Foreign Trade
- Rosario is an active member of International Tax Committee as well as the Accounting Association & Taxpayer Protection Agency Committee, both of the Mexican Association of Public Accountants. She served as editor of the book Derecho fiscal internacional: temas selectos (International Tax Law: Select Topics), which was published by Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Editorial Porrúa, and IFA Grupo Mexicano.
- Escuela Libre de Derecho
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)