Sergio is a partner who has, over the past 20 years, successfully represented Mexican and international companies in real estate deals, mergers and acquisitions, and financing in multiple international transactions. Some of his outstanding work includes representing Mexican and foreign banks in a wide range of transactions valued as a whole at over $2 billion as well as the purchase and sale of companies and assets in Mexico totaling over $3 billion. His capacity for leadership and teamwork has been recognized in international rankings such as Latin Lawyer, as he has collaborated with prestigious Mexican firms on the sale of assets and other transactions for important companies.
- Represented a banking syndicate in real estate investment trust (FIBRA) financing amounting to over $175 million.
- Represented an important investment group contributing several properties to a real estate investment trust.
- Advised a banking syndicate financing a group of related businesses selling the government over $75 million worth of health products.
- Advised an international company selling more than $1 billion in Mexican assets.
- Represented a high-profile retailer in an over $900 million buyout of its Mexican partner.
- Helped restructure a loan issued to foreign investors purchasing a hotel in southeastern Mexico.
- Helped restructure an important steel company by advising one of its lending banks.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- International Trade
- Mexican Bar Association member.
- Taught Business Contracts and Negotiable Instruments at Universidad Anáhuac México.
- The University of Minnesota (LLM)
- Universidad Anáhuac México (LLB)