José Luis is founding partner who has been with the firm since 1997 and is a former partner of a major Mexican law firm. With more than 25 years of experience, he is a leading Mexican lawyer who has successfully advised prominent domestic and international companies carrying out business throughout Mexico. His specialty areas include oil and gas projects, mergers and acquisitions, international business transactions, and highly complex corporate matters. He has additional experience in the fields of competitive bidding and labor law. José Luis regularly presents at a range of international seminars and conferences and publishes in his specialty areas.
He obtained his law degree from the Universidad Iberoamericana School of Law and completed coursework in American law at the University of Florida. He is a joint doctoral candidate at Universidad Complutense de Madrid and Universidad Anáhuac México. He has taught both in Mexico and abroad and performs pro bono work to promote the development of sports in Mexico.
- Has a client portfolio consisting of a significant share of Fortune 500 companies.
- Represented medium-sized businesses with a positive growth outlook.
- Advised leading international packaging, entertainment, and retail companies.
- Represented contractors doing high-value business with PEMEX; and other oil and gas enterprises.
- Collaborated on cross-border infrastructure projects carried out by Mexico and the United States.
- Participated in high-profile manufacturing-sector joint ventures, primarily involving auto parts companies.
- Advised a considerable number of Asia-based companies.
- Collaborated with the Swedish government's commercial agency.
- International Trade
- Active member of the Mexican Bar Association, Inter-American Bar Association, and the United States-Mexico Law Institute.
- Former member of the Mexican Association of Business Lawyers.
- Former president of the Mexican chapter of Phi Delta Phi (1987-1993).
- Taught at St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Universidad Iberoamericana, Universidad La Salle, the Mexico City and Mérida campuses of Universidad Anáhuac, and the Mexican National Institute of Public Administration (INAP).
- Universidad Iberoamericana
- University of Florida
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Universidad Anáhuac México